Introduction to Unity3d
Unity3D is a high performance game engine that supports tons of platforms, including MacOS, Windows, iOS, Android, web plugin, PS3, XBox, and Wii. It also features the PhysX physics engine, a full animation system, FMOD for spatialized audio, and a pretty nice asset market, too! All wrapped in an easy to use interface.
This 4 hour workshop will cover the following:
- Creating basic GameObjects
- Using the built in physics engine (RigidBody, Colliders)
- Importing 3D models and other assets
- Animating using the Animation interface
- Particle systems
- 3D Audio effects
- Camera effects, Skyboxes, Lighting
- Character Controller
Unity is a commercial game engine, but there is a free version available with most of the features of the commercial version. If you'd like to participate, I recommend downloading and installing before coming to the workshop.